⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Now That i have my tear tag, how do i track what happens next? do i start checking the rail car hack? or the convoy hack?
it has no bed liner and zero upgrades at all, window stickers says convoy on it, but I'm seeing conflicting stories about how it will get transported.. blend date was 7/16, and it needs to go to central Washington state. i really wish a guy could just pick them up in detriot and save themselves $1800
I also wish I could just fly to Detroit and drive it home, but can you imagine the logistics nightmare of owners coming to the Rouge to pickup their vehicle. Hold on sir, we have to move 85 trucks to get to yours in row 190,, LOL

There should be a large dealership in Detroit that offers this kind of service for a tiny markup. The would need an enormous back lot to stage orders form all over the country and Canada of people just wanting to pick it up themselves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also wish I could just fly to Detroit and drive it home, but can you imagine the logistics nightmare of owners coming to the Rouge to pickup their vehicle. Hold on sir, we have to move 85 trucks to get to yours in row 190,, LOL

There should be a large dealership in Detroit that offers this kind of service for a tiny markup. The would need an enormous back lot to stage orders form all over the country and Canada of people just wanting to pick it up themselves.
I bought my Mustang GT in 2019 from the dealership across the street from the plant. I was in the plant and watched it get built from painted frame to rolling off the end and I still had to wait two weeks for it to get delivered to the dealership just across the street. They don’t just drive them there as ridiculous as it may seem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone with a 7-11 build week seen anything happen on any front since they got their tear tag populate? Also, wondering if an email from Ford.com comes before, immediate, or after the status "built" happens on the reservation tracker page.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Has anyone with a 7-11 build week seen anything happen on any front since they got their tear tag populate? Also, wondering if an email from Ford.com comes before, immediate, or after the status "built" happens on the reservation tracker page.
I don’t think things have stabilized enough to know for sure. Some earlier build weeks got to “built” and then sat waiting on delivery for months with no updates. Others have reported getting a call from dealerships that the truck is there before they get the built email or delivery estimate email from Ford.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My blend date was 7/14. The order tracker at shop.ford.com shows in production 7/15 which is when the tear tag appeared. I've heard nothing from Ford since then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What do you mean by "shows in production 7/15" If you had a build week of 7/11 then your tracker should look like this:
View attachment 3489
me
Your 2022 F-150 Lightning LARIAT is "In Production".

In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.
Ford Accessories
  • Order Confirmed 04/13/2022, Step 1 of 5 , Completed
    Order Confirmed 04/13/2022
  • In Production 07/15/2022, Step 2 of 5 , In Progress
    In Production07/15/2022
  • Built Step 3 of 5
    Built
  • Shipped Step 4 of 5
    Shipped
  • Final Preparation TBD, Step 5 of 5
    Final Preparation
Vehicle Details
Ordered On 04/13/2022
Order Number 3662
VIN
Delivery Details
Freehold Ford Inc
3572 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ, 07728
https://www.freeholdfordcars.com
[email protected]
(732) 462-3131

New Vehicle Guide
Owner Registration

This is slightly different than what you are looking at.

·
Registered
2012 F250-PSD, 2006 Harley VROD Destroyer
416 Posts
What do you mean by "shows in production 7/15" If you had a build week of 7/11 then your tracker should look like this:
Go to either of these sites with your VIN & 4-character order code (found on dealer order sheet or window sticker)
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking-USA
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking-Canada

Here you will see the detail dates for IN PRODUCTION and BUILT,
There are no detailed dates for SHIPPED OR FINAL PREP, but you will see the narrative above the time bar state these conditions

US trucks can find extra information on the Canadian site vs the US site, the ETA will appear when the truck is shipped.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Trucks that went into production (a few days after blend date) are now showing BUILT dates
7/11, 7/12, 7/13 and some 7/14 may show today!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Trucks that went into production (a few days after blend date) are now showing BUILT dates
7/11, 7/12, 7/13 and some 7/14 may show today!!
I hope you are right. I'd like to lock in an interest rate for a loan shortly but the lock is only good for 30 days. The Fed is raising rates again today.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I hope you are right. I'd like to lock in an interest rate for a loan shortly but the lock is only good for 30 days. The Fed is raising rates again today.
You might miss the lock window if it ships late, but you could be lucky, might as well pull that trigger now instead of tomorrow

·
Registered
44 Posts
You might miss the lock window if it ships late, but you could be lucky, might as well pull that trigger now instead of tomorrow
if you miss the lock window, it just means a 2nd hard inquiry on your credit report right?

Attachments

81 - 100 of 133 Posts