⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone else seeing build week bumped again. Last week customer service said I am now build week of July 18. Started June 20 and stayed there forever. Then a few weeks ago went to July 11 and now July 18.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saw one in person at my dealer today. Rapid Red Lariat. It was a customer order so I just walked the outside. Their mannequin doesn’t get in until next month. Excited for our builds!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just got an update. In production, blend date July 23 and a window sticker. Exciting and makes it more real.
Just to be clear about FORD's tracking terminology

You start with getting a VIN and not knowing when you will be scheduled

Then you get or observe a BUILD WEEK on your private order tracker at FORD.COM

Normally within 11 days of the Monday build week, you will be able to pull your window sticker which shows you BLEND DAY, this is an ideal goal to getting the into production.

Next on the SHOP.FORD.COM/vehicleordertracking sites (Canada SHOP.FORD.CA/vehicleordertracking) you will see an IN PRODUCTION date, that date is 1-21 days after the blend day, and when it actually hit the production line, around this time you may also be able to see your trucks BCE/PCM module data and tear tag, further proof your truck is coming together.

Next after 2-3 weeks (while they are diligently working the backlog) and all your post production items are added to the truck (Spry-in) etc. you get a BUILT DATE, this has gone from just a few days to many weeks as most everyone has seen recently.

Next is SHIPPED email notifications, the FORD.COM private order page will reflect this action within hours as well, then ~24 hours later the SHOP.FORD trackers will also show the status as SHIPPED (no date on the time line bar) but there will be a projected ETA if you view it from the Canadian version of the tracker at (SHOP.FORD.CA/vehicleordertracking). The US version does not show the ETA.

Then 1 to 21 days later, depending on proximity to the plant, the truck will indicate DELIVERED TO DEALER & FINAL PREP's activity show's on all trackers, again there is not status date on the time line bar at SHOP.FORD.COM or SHOP.FORD.CA, you also get the email that your dealer is preparing the vehicle for delivery to you.

After you take delivery in about 2-7 days the record on SHOP.FORD is purged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to be clear about FORD's tracking terminology

You start with getting a VIN and not knowing when you will be scheduled

Then you get or observe a BUILD WEEK on your private order tracker at FORD.COM

Normally within 11 days of the Monday build week, you will be able to pull your window sticker which shows you BLEND DAY, this is an ideal goal to getting the into production.

Next on the SHOP.FORD.COM/vehicleordertracking sites (Canada SHOP.FORD.CA/vehicleordertracking) you will see an IN PRODUCTION date, that date is 1-21 days after the blend day, and when it actually hit the production line, around this time you may also be able to see your trucks BCE/PCM module data and tear tag, further proof your truck is coming together.

Next after 2-3 weeks (while they are diligently working the backlog) and all your post production items are added to the truck (Spry-in) etc. you get a BUILT DATE, this has gone from just a few days to many weeks as most everyone has seen recently.

Next is SHIPPED email notifications, the FORD.COM private order page will reflect this action within hours as well, then ~24 hours later the SHOP.FORD trackers will also show the status as SHIPPED (no date on the time line bar) but there will be a projected ETA if you view it from the Canadian version of the tracker at (SHOP.FORD.CA/vehicleordertracking). The US version does not show the ETA.

Then 1 to 21 days later, depending on proximity to the plant, the truck will indicate DELIVERED TO DEALER & FINAL PREP's activity show's on all trackers, again there is not status date on the time line bar at SHOP.FORD.COM or SHOP.FORD.CA, you also get the email that your dealer is preparing the vehicle for delivery to you.

After you take delivery in about 2-7 days the record on SHOP.FORD is purged.
Thanks for the really detailed explanation. I am in the 'clean up wave'. I was one of those that got a call from my dealer offering me a truck as long as I would take a Lariat extended range with the 511a package. I placed the order on 6/14, the sales manager failed to click 'except' until I called them on the 17th. So I'm waiting to for the next step to happen for me. From what you detail here, it will be a VIN#. Will that come from Ford in an email or on my account page? Should I reach out to the dealer to see if they have the VIN? Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for the really detailed explanation. I am in the 'clean up wave'. I was one of those that got a call from my dealer offering me a truck as long as I would take a Lariat extended range with the 511a package. I placed the order on 6/14, the sales manager failed to click 'except' until I called them on the 17th. So I'm waiting to for the next step to happen for me. From what you detail here, it will be a VIN#. Will that come from Ford in an email or on my account page? Should I reach out to the dealer to see if they have the VIN? Thanks in advance for your insight.
You will notice that you have been assigned a build week, by looking at the ORDER PAGE at FORD.COM, you will see it on the time line and left side below the time line.

Folks have used decoding techniques for the web page at this stage to reveal hidden data which would show your VIN.

A few hours/days later you will get an email titled "Your vehicle has been scheduled for production." at the bottom it will show your VIN "We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 1FT6W1EV4NWG08xxx"

·
Registered
117 Posts
Eventually it will come via email from Ford, but late. If you follow your account page from time to time the VIN is assigned as soon as you have a scheduled for production week. At that point ask your dealership or follow the instructions on the “track your order” thread to get it yourself (although that takes some computer skills or meticulous direction following).

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will notice that you have been assigned a build week, by looking at the ORDER PAGE at FORD.COM, you will see it on the time line and left side below the time line.

Folks have used decoding techniques for the web page at this stage to reveal hidden data which would show your VIN.

A few hours/days later you will get an email titled "Your vehicle has been scheduled for production." at the bottom it will show your VIN "We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 1FT6W1EV4NWG08xxx"
I guess my order hasn't reached that stage yet. Here is what it shows

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
117 Posts
I guess my order hasn't reached that stage yet. Here is what it shows
Yep it will be the next step. Usually happens on Thursdays but who knows with these clean up orders. When I ordered in mid-Feb it was about a month before it was scheduled and then that date changed a bunch of times. At least it shows dealer accepted!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts