⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
interesting now dealer is saying even though the window sticker says convoy its still coming via rail and will be taken via convoy after it gets here on rail.
It appears I am in the same situation. The truck looks like it was loaded onto a rail car West of Detroit yesterday, waiting to head East to Virginia. Even though my window sticker says "CONVOY". 😖 Delivery between 7/23-7/29.

·
Registered
2012 F250-PSD, 2006 Harley VROD Destroyer
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 · (Edited)
With the recent shipping by rail, it is expected at rail yard in East Brookfield Mass Friday 7/29 in the afternoon, that said, the ETA to dealer is pushed back to 7/31 to 8/6.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
As of 7:12 pm 7/30, my truck is at the East Brookfield rail yard, waiting to be unloaded from the rail-car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Atlas Blue Lariat was finally delivered yesterday (7/30), after several weeks of delays related to the railroads. Even the dealer has some issues prepping the truck and original delivery date last Thursday was postponed.
All that said, the truck is very, very sharp looking and the interior is large and well fitted out. The performance is surprising and fun to play with. Large number of settings for all the features it has will take some time to work through. All in all Ford did a good job on the 1st generation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Atlas Blue Lariat was finally delivered yesterday (7/30), after several weeks of delays related to the railroads. Even the dealer has some issues prepping the truck and original delivery date last Thursday was postponed.
All that said, the truck is very, very sharp looking and the interior is large and well fitted out. The performance is surprising and fun to play with. Large number of settings for all the features it has will take some time to work through. All in all Ford did a good job on the 1st generation.
congrats!

currently charging ours up to 100% for a road trip tomorrow morning. App/Truck is saying we'll have 326 miles at 100%

·
Registered
F-150 Lightning
59 Posts
I'm picking up my Lariat ER max tow tomorrow from the dealer. Pretty excited after reading some of your posts. For reference, my truck was scheduled for production the week of 6/6, shows a blend date of 6/9 and shows a 6/16 production date on the vehicleordertracking site.
Congratulations! Can't wait for you to be in that driver seat. :)

·
Registered
F-150 Lightning
59 Posts
Congratulations! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I took the Lill lady out to dinner after finishing my afternoon training course, then headed over to the dealership, get the pre-PDI photos done, I wanted to see what production notes were written on the windows, nothing ominous like some of you have seen, just mention of where she was parked waiting for her rail ride east. Not one salesman approached me to see if I needed any assistance, that was nice as I was not ready to deal & haggle over the trade in value of my F250 just yet.

Headed back to the town, got F250 all cleaned up, and cleared of my personal crap and most of my support stickers, leaving only the Harley-Davidson on the rear window.

I will fire off an email tonight, to find out how long for PDI, when I can get the truck, and when we can appraise the trade-in. I have all my finances & insurance contacts ready, just need to hammer out the deal.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ford has been moving my delivery date all around the past two weeks. Originally 7/23-7/31, then to 8/1-8/7 and finally 8/1-8/4. Now the dates have been stripped from all the online portals that I check. The truck has been sitting about 40 miles from my place in MD waiting for final delivery to the dealer for over a week. I'm starting to get a little concerned. I fly out for work in a for days and now afraid I won't get to pick this thing up for a few more weeks until I get back home. Is there anything a dealer could do to get my truck delivered?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Took delivery today from Tasca Ford of Seekonk Mass. Straight forward deal, no ADM, no unusual fees or additions, fair value given on trade, personal bank financing with pre-approval went smoothly and rolled out the same evening in the new Lightning.

As an EV newbie, I am learning the nuances of 1PD, so far loving it!!

Next phase of this journey is FCSP delivery and installation in our detached garage with a new exclusive power service to it with National Grid approval.

Work out 500-1000 miles of easy driving and then on to towing the race trailer, BTW race season is on hold while I'm working on engine repairs from a mid season rod bearing failure, hope to be operational by the fall.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts