81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Reactions: Jmrdmd

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do we really know it is missing chips causing this? Or is it possible they simply have not done that for anyone, yet? My understanding is that some Lightnings are officially queued for shipping.
Reports are trucks are moving off the grounds, trains are being loaded, the hold up was a marketing and media hold until everything that supports the sale of these trucks are ready.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Reports are trucks are moving off the grounds, trains are being loaded, the hold up was a marketing and media hold until everything that supports the sale of these trucks are ready.
I'd seen your other posts which was part of the reason I'd said this as you know you sh&t! On top of that, Ford appears to have been very clear chips are being prioritized for Lightning since it is so strategically important.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...
I checked everything again. Looked up my VIN again just to make sure it was correct. My build date is still 5/23/2022. Still saying that my Window Sticker is not available yet. I'll continue to check every couple of seconds or so and will keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Jan

Check your ORDER on FORD.COM, a slight chance that the build week has changed
or you have a typo in the VIN

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
Who is getting theirs by train? Mine is listed as convoy, not rail. It's coming to Maryland.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Who is getting theirs by train? Mine is listed as convoy, not rail. It's coming to Maryland.
I guess there are instances where 18 wheeler carry the loads direct from the plant as well, no arguing your first hand experience. A Canadian dealer either here or on another forum mentioned a few days ago that all their stock comes by train, then an 18 wheeler or hot shot convoys the loads from the train yard to the dealerships.

I get the impression this is done stateside as well, it is much more energy & time efficient to move large quantities far distances to regional hubs for disbursement by convoy the last couple hundred miles.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
I guess there are instances where 18 wheeler carry the loads direct from the plant as well, no arguing your first hand experience. A Canadian dealer either here or on another forum mentioned a few days ago that all their stock comes by train, then an 18 wheeler or hot shot convoys the loads from the train yard to the dealerships.

I get the impression this is done stateside as well, it is much more energy & time efficient to move large quantities far distances to regional hubs for disbursement by convoy the last couple hundred miles.
The Mustang Mach Es are all shipped out of Cuautitlan, Mexico on trains to Kansas City. They are offloaded there and most go on trains to yards near the buyer. Finally, they are loaded on auto carriers to the dealer, in my case from New Castle, DE to Silver Spring, MD. It usually takes over 4 weeks.

I can see most of the east coast Lightnings coming by truck but train makes more sense to the Texas and the west. I expect they would be loaded with ICE F-150s.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
419 Posts
Anything is possible. I had a model 3 built and on a truck from CA. Delivered to me within 8 days of rolling off the line. That is likely a 3 day truck ride.

Can a hauler load 6 trucks and make a 3 to 4 day trip for $10k and make any money? Might get a load going back the other way. If you can haul a load both ways $20k in a week seems possible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My window sticker is live as well. 5/27 blend, convoy to Ohio (of course; the plant is under 3 hours away lol). Platinum with bed liner, which I'm told is going to slow it down a bit.

I'm sure others on this thread will have theirs before me. But at least I have a sticker!

the Lightning is no stair truck, but this still felt appropriate:

Vehicle Car Mode of transport Gesture Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sure is escalating quickly! I'm glad we got our stickers!

My window sticker is live as well. 5/27 blend, convoy to Ohio (of course; the plant is under 3 hours away lol). Platinum with bed liner, which I'm told is going to slow it down a bit.

I'm sure others on this thread will have theirs before me. But at least I have a sticker!

the Lightning is no stair truck, but this still felt appropriate:

View attachment 2368

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good Morning
My window sticker finally showed up. 5/25 Blend date. Star White Platinum with Spray in shipping by convoy to NJ.
My window sticker is live as well. 5/27 blend, convoy to Ohio (of course; the plant is under 3 hours away lol). Platinum with bed liner,
Congrats GoGo and Jmr!!! See how much fun PhotoShop can be??? ;):):LOL:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Our party starts next week, so im just giving us a bump..

But I also realized that one of the Lightnings my dealer is advertising belongs to me.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:🤷‍♂️:LOL:

Pimping out my truck. SMH

I am happy that the dealer selling prices posted on the website, matches the MSRP sticker which solidifies their commitment to NO ADM for now... Not sure for MY2023 and beyond...

81 - 100 of 110 Posts