⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
494 Posts
The Tear tag seems to follow by 12 to 24 hours. It'll be there in just a bit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys, Dumb question as a first time truck owner; they don't sell the hitch to pull a trailer when you order the tow package?

If so, I want to pull a U-Haul Motorcycle Trailer - what should I get? Any links?

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
494 Posts
Guys, Dumb question as a first time truck owner; they don't sell the hitch to pull a trailer when you order the tow package?

If so, I want to pull a U-Haul Motorcycle Trailer - what should I get? Any links?
The wiring plugs are there - I think these trucks have 2 - one with all wires - 6 or 7 that includes the brake controller and one simpler - 4 wires I think for like a simple U-Haul trailer that only has brake lights and turn signals.

You will also have the 2" receiver, just below and middle of the bumper. You will need to purchase the part that slides into there along with the proper size ball you need likely 1 7/8" or 2". You'll need a good pin - preferably locking to hold the hitch into the receiver.

Here is a site - the first one Google brought up, that may be a good place to read up a bit on different classes and what you can fit in there. Tow Hitch Receiver Sizes - Learn About the Different Classes - Weigh Safe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Build week of 5/23, blend date 5/26, had a tear tag for a week now but still no e-mail. As far as I read here, tear tag means produced and sitting on a lot somewhere. How long could that last? I'm in New England, maybe waiting on a shipment to the area, but I need my truck already. Sold my old gas version last week.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts