⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford F150 XLT FX4, 2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT (wave 1 1/7)
45 Posts
Still slated for a build date of 5/2. Kinda hoping my truck isnt delivered until after July 1. Here in Illinois the new credit for buying a BEV dosent go into effect until July 1, 2022. Dont want to miss out on a $4000 sales rebate just so i can get my truck a little earlier.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Font Parallel Electric blue

Reactions: CDT and Okchamali

·
Registered
Lightning Platinum ordered
72 Posts
Still slated for a build date of 5/2. Kinda hoping my truck isnt delivered until after July 1. Here in Illinois the new credit for buying a BEV dosent go into effect until July 1, 2022. Dont want to miss out on a $4000 sales rebate just so i can get my truck a little earlier.
Unfortunately I’m hoping for mine as soon as possible :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting. Seems reasonable. What’s the source?
Trend analysis of most recent reports, I'm watching closely for a flurry of reports this coming Thursday when the 5/2 build week enters the build day phase.

I have 8 trackable VIN's for 5/2 week, only one shows a blend date of 4/26, looks like @kwalt21 on another forum was moved up a week!!

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
Trend analysis of most recent reports, I'm watching closely for a flurry of reports this coming Thursday when the 5/2 build week enters the build day phase.

I have 8 trackable VIN's for 5/2 week, only one shows a blend date of 4/26, looks like @kwalt21 on another forum was moved up a week!!
I love a good analysis! Thanks for doing this.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Yes! Thank you for the analysis. I have to admit that I'm skeptical that my Lightning will actually hit production in the week of 5/2 as the recent email and online order tracker currently states. There were a couple of emails along the way that suggested a delay, then the VIN seemed to be assigned late, then it took a while for the dealer to verify that the order they saw in the system was indeed my order.

I will send my VIN directly so you can add it to your tracking. Perhaps I will see a window sticker print tomorrow?!?!?!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whelp i got bumped back to 5/16 build week. Anyone else get bumped forward or backward as well?
Several folks got shifted about, some back some forward, seems that they are optimizing trims/range
BTW, no stickers showing yet for the 5/2 folks, hopefully we will see updates later today, at worst Friday.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
Line optimization is a normal part of the process. They will move trucks around based on what they learn about the time it takes to build certain trims as well as parts issues.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Okchamali

·
Registered
171 Posts
I called my dealer earlier today and he said my truck is scheduled for delivery 5/23/22. He also said it maybe the middle of June.
I still don’t see my window sticker. I talked to someone who’s doing marketing for Ford and they asked if I wanted to go to the launch event. I can’t. There’s also a media event on May 6. Sounds like the media embargo will lift 5/11.
Getting closer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called my dealer earlier today and he said my truck is scheduled for delivery 5/23/22. He also said it maybe the middle of June.
I still don’t see my window sticker. I talked to someone who’s doing marketing for Ford and they asked if I wanted to go to the launch event. I can’t. There’s also a media event on May 6. Sounds like the media embargo will lift 5/11.
Getting closer.
That seems fast for build the week of 5/2 and delivery to your dealer on 5/23, or did he think it would leave Michigan 5/23?

Share your vin or in PM, I can try a search on it, I'll keep it private if you prefer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats @Okchamali! I'm looking forward to seeing any actual deliveries start to trickle out. I had thought that the dealer demos may already be on-property, awaiting the reveal on the 26th?

It's still unconfirmed where my order stands. Logging in with my Ford.com user does still show a build week of 5/2/22, but the now vehicle order tracker at shop.ford.com does not generate any response when I put in the order number and VIN. That second site used to show me the order, but not the window sticker. Now I just get bounced back to the data-entry page.

We'll see how it shakes out!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts