⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
141 - 160 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can also just have them put in a NEMA 14-50 outlet and use the mobile charging cord that comes with the truck.
While true, that’s is not what I paid for… and further I will end up with the mobile charger at home and a need for it when away. Not to mention, I have to pay the electrician to now wire the 80a to a disconnect with a breaker down to 48 or something to protect the wiring apparently. A giant unnecessary cluster! The only good news is that my truck isn’t here yet, and I can just pray that it ships with one. Lol

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
While true, that’s is not what I paid for… and further I will end up with the mobile charger at home and a need for it when away. Not to mention, I have to pay the electrician to now wire the 80a to a disconnect with a breaker down to 48 or something to protect the wiring apparently. A giant unnecessary cluster! The only good news is that my truck isn’t here yet, and I can just pray that it ships with one. Lol
The other good news is Ford is providing a bit extra to those who take deliveries before the FCSP is available:
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Registered
2014 Ford F150 XLT FX4, 2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT (wave 1 1/7)
67 Posts
The other good news is Ford is providing a bit extra to those who take deliveries before the FCSP is available:
View attachment 2803
The part that sucks about this is the people with Standard Batteries are getting screwed over. People need access to these chargers and they are being prioritized to ER orders. Those of us hoping to use these chargers and trucks as part of the Home Integration System are being overlooked and sidelined.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The part that sucks about this is the people with Standard Batteries are getting screwed over. People need access to these chargers and they are being prioritized to ER orders. Those of us hoping to use these chargers and trucks as part of the Home Integration System are being overlooked and sidelined.
Not all of the ER buyers are going to want the FCSP so there will be an aftermarket for these chargers.

I'd gladly take a credit equal to the FCSP MSRP in lieu of delivery. Maybe ford will offer this option if FCSP supply continues to be limited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel
I got lucky and was able to pick up my rig today in Guymon, Ok. I had a blend date of 5-16. Built email on 5-27 said delivery around end of June. On 6-6 I got an email that said the dealer would be getting ahold of me to finalize. Dealer called yesterday. I never have got a “shipped” email yet. They added an extra 5k but… anyway on the charger situation, this is what I’m getting on my 14-50 setup if someone is wondering like I was. From the sounds of it I need to call sunrun to get my charge pro? Or will it come thru ford yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the cool kids email today, so built is built, asked the dealer if I could fly to Michigan and drive it home and they didn't think ford would let that happen, plus they have things to allegedly do to the truck before turning it over... Oh well...

Been calling sunrun fairly regularly. I'm in a state they don't do installs, fine, sell me the thing I'll get my own installer. They send me the link to register on the site, and it throws an error. on day 4 of support people calling to tell me they are trying to get the site to work but can't figure it out yet. So, that's fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two things:
  • Got the built email finally! Est delivery july 6-12th!!
  • I've had a Tesla charging at home for years just using the "mobile" charger plugged into a 14-50 on the outside of house. The fancy charge station pro will go there whenever it arrives but you can certainly survive on the mobile charger for a very long time. I've never taken the mobile charger anywhere, that's what fast dc charging is for. So, people's situations may be different but just sharing for those panicking about delays to the wall charger.. it may not be a big deal.

Me personally I'm going to make a pig tail for the Ford pro charger so can continue to use the 14-50 outlet since I've read it can be setup to operate at lower amps. That's if the cable is long enough to reach both of our evs otherwise there will try to sell that/get a 3rd party one.

·
Registered
662 Posts
View attachment 2807
View attachment 2806 I got lucky and was able to pick up my rig today in Guymon, Ok. I had a blend date of 5-16. Built email on 5-27 said delivery around end of June. On 6-6 I got an email that said the dealer would be getting ahold of me to finalize. Dealer called yesterday. I never have got a “shipped” email yet. They added an extra 5k but… anyway on the charger situation, this is what I’m getting on my 14-50 setup if someone is wondering like I was. From the sounds of it I need to call sunrun to get my charge pro? Or will it come thru ford yet?
Congratulations on your new Lightning @Jkdfarmer! For the Charge Station Pro you're going to have to deal with SunRun for installation.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Just talked with my dealer: their owner’s Lightning showed up before their 2 FCTP Pros and before Vehicle Visibility showed it had shipped. There’s still hope mine will arrive before we leave next Thursday but looking less likely. We’re working on setting things up that we Sign the sales paperwork before the truck arrives. They’ll probably park it in a spot for prominent viewing until we get back from our trip.

·
Registered
2022 F150 XLT Lightning
14 Posts
Stopped in to see my dealer to see if he had any more info on my truck other than it was scheduled to arrive between the 9th and 15th. He looked it up and it did not show anything further other than it was released. He told me if it took the normal route via train to Buffalo and then truck to the dealership he would be able to track it along the way, but if Ford put the shipment out to bid it would just show up at the dealership one day. He said he has been seeing both with other vehicles from Ford. He also shared with me that his FCTP Lariat which has been built for some time before my truck was is still not released and has no ETA yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
He also shared with me that his FCTP Lariat which has been built for some time before my truck was is still not released and has no ETA yet.
Sounds like my situation. Truck has been built and delivery window is6/13-6/19. Dealer says his mannequin has been built for a while but still no email saying it’s shipped. I expect they will come together but I’ve been driving over to the dealership twice each day to see if it just got dropped off. Unfortunately no sign of it yet.

·
Registered
2022 F150 XLT Lightning
14 Posts
Sounds like my situation. Truck has been built and delivery window is6/13-6/19. Dealer says his mannequin has been built for a while but still no email saying it’s shipped. I expect they will come together but I’ve been driving over to the dealership twice each day to see if it just got dropped off. Unfortunately no sign of it yet.

I guess I'm not alone in driving by the dealers lot just to see if it has shown up. I am pretty sure my dealer will call when it arrives but I still can't stop myself, just to be sure.

141 - 160 of 214 Posts