⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats @TokeAMac! Were you originally looking at a Pro or XLT? Or were you already getting a Lariat?
Thank You Super Duty, I did originally want a $43K Pro, but when those sold out, I was concerned about potential price increases for the future MY's and the possibility that the tax credit might be gone as well. Plus there's no information on how many Pro's they'll build in 2023. So I opted for what was available. I did not want to spend $80K on a vehicle, but I really think the Lightning is a game changer and I'm hoping first model year retains some of its value over the years. FYI the sales manager I am dealing with told me he had other Lightning reservation holders that got the email to convert, but didn't act right away and their option to order appears to have been pulled by Ford. So he recommended ordering right away, when receiving invitation. I only mention this because I reads somewhere that invite's where open until March.

In my original post I forgot to mention my reservation date 5/20/2021 7:45 am pst. and my dealer Ron Duprat Ford, Dixon Ca.

·
Registered
97 Posts
FYI the sales manager I am dealing with told me he had other Lightning reservation holders that got the email to convert, but didn't act right away and their option to order appears to have been pulled by Ford. So he recommended ordering right away, when receiving invitation. I only mention this because I reads somewhere that invite's where open until March.
That sales manager either lied to you or just didn't know what he was saying. I tend to lean towards lying anytime a dealer's mouth is open. When you first login to start configuring your order at ford.com they say you've got until 31 March to complete it. But they warn that what you want may no longer be available. And that's played out with trim allocations being snatched up for pro and xlt.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hopefully today we all get to order!
Wave-5 on 3/3/2022 log into your ford account after 12:30 and check.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts