⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I just got an email from my dealer saying that they’re only getting 9 lightnings for 2022. These will be going to the 25 people they prioritized back in December. He mentioned that it’s all fully out of the dealers control at this point and that any one from the 25 could be selected. The remaining people would be ordering in the fall for a 2023. I was in the top 25, but sitting near the rear. I guess we will see if the order matters.

Anyone else hear anything similar?

·
Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
374 Posts
[TD]
YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
Dear...
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new F-150 LIGHTNING PRO today, Jan 6, 2022!​

[TD] [/TD]​
[/TD]
[TD]​

[TD]
ORDER ID
10844482​
[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]​
[/TD]
[TD]​

[TD]
Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING PRO, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:​
  • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
[/TD]​
[/TD]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Folks,

I just got an email from my dealer saying that they’re only getting 9 lightnings for 2022. These will be going to the 25 people they prioritized back in December. He mentioned that it’s all fully out of the dealers control at this point and that any one from the 25 could be selected. The remaining people would be ordering in the fall for a 2023. I was in the top 25, but sitting near the rear. I guess we will see if the order matters.

Anyone else hear anything similar?
We must have the same dealer. I got the same numbers, receiving 9 with a total list of 25. I’m 10 even though my reservation was on 5/19. So, dealers have shifted reservations around, it seems. The first wave went to number 3 and 23 in their list. So, perhaps there is a random component to this. Out of my control.

·
Registered
795 Posts
We must have the same dealer. I got the same numbers, receiving 9 with a total list of 25. I’m 10 even though my reservation was on 5/19. So, dealers have shifted reservations around, it seems. The first wave went to number 3 and 23 in their list. So, perhaps there is a random component to this. Out of my control.
Welcome @RiverRunner! Which dealer did you order your Lightning from?

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
583 Posts
I've read a few things, however just trying to confirm. My dealer says I'm in and will get one of their first three trucks - I was number 3. However, do we really know the status that we get on our Ford page, does it confirm that when it notes "Order accepted by Dealer"? Is that they have my order and can submit it when they want - perhaps in a year, or does it truly mean my order is in and I'm in line for one of their allocations? Do we know?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Logo Brand

·
Registered
374 Posts
unless Bronco and Mach-e owners know better, I would suspect that 'accepted by dealer' means that the order has been accepted and sent to Ford to eventually schedule for production. Waiting on the 'scheduled for production' is another matter, though, as that is certainly up to Ford only. We'll have to wait and hope for sooner, rather than later.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've read a few things, however just trying to confirm. My dealer says I'm in and will get one of their first three trucks - I was number 3. However, do we really know the status that we get on our Ford page, does it confirm that when it notes "Order accepted by Dealer"? Is that they have my order and can submit it when they want - perhaps in a year, or does it truly mean my order is in and I'm in line for one of their allocations? Do we know?

View attachment 1105
Like @Leaf to Lightning : ) that was my understanding as well. If it's been accepted by the dealer then by extension it's been accepted by Ford as well. They can't sit on an order and send it to Ford whenever they feel like it.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,449 Posts
unless Bronco and Mach-e owners know better, I would suspect that 'accepted by dealer' means that the order has been accepted and sent to Ford to eventually schedule for production. Waiting on the 'scheduled for production' is another matter, though, as that is certainly up to Ford only. We'll have to wait and hope for sooner, rather than later.
Agreed. That was the case for Mustang Mach E orders.

Reactions: GDN

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
583 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I moved my order to this dealer and so far they seem to be easy to work with and pretty honest. With all the stories so many are telling, I thought I'd just get an opinion on the order status.

We bought a car from them 8 years ago, but that hasn't mattered, they just seem to be up front and no fuss about it all.

They also happen to have this sitting in their showroom.
Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car

Reactions: MacMerritt

·
Registered
374 Posts
yep, I've seen something similar in my local showroom, the problem is, though, they don't have very many 'every day' cars to sell, I can only imagine that's why some want to add profit/fees to these Lightning orders.
I stopped by one Kia dealer a while back - couldn't find a Kia on their lot, but I found every other brand, used of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.