⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s with great remorse that I list my Lightning for sale. I’ve owned the truck for about 2.5 months and I absolutely love it. Best truck I’ve ever had and I look forward to getting another one day in the future.

My reason for having to sell: a sudden change in jobs requires me to travel and tow quite often for lengthy trips. Long-haul towing is the one thing the Lightning (nor any EV truck) can’t quite do so well yet. So I’m having to go back to the F-150 gas guzzler (maybe the hybrid this time?).

Truck is in mint condition. 3,000 miles.

Add-ons: Roll-n-Lock retractable lockable bed cover; front and rear window tints; WeatherTech floor mats (front and back); spray-in bed liner; front-end clear bra; stubby antenna. All Ford warranties are fully transferable (I verified with Ford…feel free to check for yourself).

Not trying to turn a profit here—sticker $75k; dealer market adjustment $18k; $5k in add-ons.

Fully loaded standard battery Lariat—no sunroof or bed scales. Has everything else I could think of. Serious buyers only please.

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

· Registered
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Spark EV
413 Posts
Yikes... $18k dealer markup.

I am sorry to say, you are going to end up eating that markup. New units are going for MSRP, used are pretty close to it.

I sure wish people would stop paying these ripoff dealer markups... it hurts me. 😪

· Registered
28 Posts
SR Lariats were really common as mannequins and most of the dealers have been released to sell theirs, so that‘s a pretty common configuration to find at MSRP. Hopefully your local market is stronger so you don’t take too much of a beating. Have you gone back to the dealer you bought it from and tried to see what they’d give you towards the truck you need?

· Registered
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SR Lariats were really common as mannequins and most of the dealers have been released to sell theirs, so that‘s a pretty common configuration to find at MSRP. Hopefully your local market is stronger so you don’t take too much of a beating. Have you gone back to the dealer you bought it from and tried to see what they’d give you towards the truck you need?
I think I will go back to the dealer…despite my PTSD from the initial experience and the markup. Thoughts on what a reasonable resale price might be on my rig?

· Registered
5 Posts
I tend to agree with all the other posts here, and I would somehow list it in California or contact some big dealers there. They have driven up this demand and dealer markup due to their future mandate of EV vehicles.

· Registered
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range Antimatter Blue
22 Posts
The Dealer who sold you that truck for 18k over MSRP...SR...No Sunroof...Should be shamed into going out of business. I paid MSRP for my 2022 Lariat ER and would never have paid over MSRP. Supply and Demand...I get it. Did Marakery have a choice not to purchase? Yes. But that does not excuse this way out of line dealer mark-up. This is not 5k over MSRP. This is 18k over MSRP. On an SR. Please don't go back to this dealer. Send a message. Take your business elsewhere. Give your business to a Dealership with integrity who knows how to keep a customer over the years. They are out there. It might take a little extra work on your part but worth it in the long run. Just my 2 cents worth and that's probably exactly what it is worth. Thanks, Walt

· Registered
9 Posts
I paid MSRP for my extended range Lariat. The tax credits dropped the overall price to $68k. I think you are going to end up eating that dealer markup.
The tax credit is gone unfortunately, and the MSRP has gone up on the unchanged 2023 by $8500. There also simply aren't that many 2022's on the used market that they will hold prices down compared to upcoming production.

While as a minute-one reservation holder I was disappointed to be told to spend $16k more for an ER as a result, that's the current reality.

The best deal out there is the SR Lariat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts