Lightning Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Marques Brownlee's video with the F-150 Lightning he says that Ford told him that the 230 and 300 mile ranges for the truck are with a 1000 pound payload.

The truck he got to sit in had an estimated rage of 367 miles at 80% on the instrument cluster. So that would mean that the total range would be around 460 miles.

Is anyone planning on getting the Extended range battery? I'm starting to think it's a must if it can get range numbers like that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I plan to go extended for max towing capacity.
How much do you think various loads can impact range?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to go extended for max towing capacity.
How much do you think various loads can impact range?
I've seen other electric truck companies like Rivian say that max towing capacity can lead to 50% less range. I imagine it could be similar with the Lightning.

·
Registered
2018 F150 2.7 XLT 302A SuperCrew
5 Posts
One of the review videos I watched displayed 86% battery, 496 miles remaining or something of that nature. Tells me there’s more to it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the review videos I watched displayed 86% battery, 496 miles remaining or something of that nature. Tells me there’s more to it.
Yeah Ford could be underselling the standard range a bit (no towing or carrying payload).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good for them if they are. Overstating mileage has created far too many issues with Ford and other makes.
I think that's been the case with the Mach-E so far. I read the other day the Mach-E GT and GT Performance models exceeded original range estimates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts